NOW HIRING: Intern/Event Assistant
The Lighthouse is a busy and beautiful waterfront event venue located in the beautiful Glen Cove Marina. We pride ourselves in creating memorable experiences for our clients with a smile and unsurpassed professionalism. To get a better feel for our company and brand, check out our website: www.thelighthousegcm.com.
We are currently on the hunt for an EAGER and DEPENDABLE Intern + Event Assistant. Our staff is small (yet mighty), and joining our team means joining our tight-knit (and fun) family.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to crack into the wedding/events industry. You’ll have the opportunity to train with our experienced sales and events team, and learn every facet of this fun and rewarding business—from initial tour to event execution. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to train as one of our in-house Wedding Coordinators.
We are looking for someone able to commit 10 – 16+ hours a week. WEEKEND AVAILABILITY is a must. Our office is typically closed on holidays, and we do prioritize maintaining a healthy work/life balance! There will also be occasional opportunities to work from home.
This is a very unique opening. The internship portion of the job (the sales office/learning portion) will be unpaid or for school credit. The Event Assistant aspect of the position will be a paid $12/hour opportunity.
Now, let’s talk some more about YOU!
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Enthusiastic about the weddings/events industry
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Owns a laptop
- Professional in appearance and demeanor
- Patient and calm in nature
- Dependable and responsible
- Willing to go above and beyond
- Able to think on feet
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Able to operate AV equipment, HVAC systems and alarm systems
- Able to work a computer (excellent typing skills, Google Calendar skills, etc)
- Experienced with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
Typical Internship Duties:
- Assist in social media efforts/campaigns: blogging, Instagram, Facebook updates, etc.
- Scheduling clients for venue walk-throughs
- Market research for the area (reaching out to local associations, vendors, etc.)
- Website maintenance
- Occasional attendance to industry networking events
- General administrative support work
- Assembling sales packets
- Assist with planning in-house events
Typical Event Assistant Duties:
- Unlock/lock the building before and after events
- Oversee/occasionally assist with setup and breakdown of tables/chairs, etc.
- Interact with clients and event guests to ensure venue needs are being met
- Stock/maintain restrooms during events
- Ensure all venue policies are being followed by clients as outlined in their contract
- Communicate with client’s vendors and answer any questions they may have
- Effectively handle any situations or emergencies that may arise during events
- Ensure client’s “End-of-Night” checklist has been completed/perform walk-through with client before locking up
- Occasionally assist on-site wedding coordinator in executing our "luxury" weddings.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume, availability, and cover letter explaining why YOU would be the perfect fit to email@example.com
* RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED*