NOW HIRING: Part Time Wedding Coordinator
The Lighthouse at Glen Cove Marina is a beautiful and busy waterfront event venue specializing in weddings, special events, and business meetings.
We are looking for an EAGER and DEPENDABLE part-time Wedding Coordinator to join our team. Though some training will be provided, some previous wedding coordination experience is a MUST.
As one of our Wedding Coordinators, you will be assigned to couples that have elected to add on Day-Of Wedding Coordination service through the venue. The Coordinator will meet with the couple here at the venue (3) times prior to the wedding to help establish floor plan, timeline, and overall outline of the wedding, and the week of the wedding to coordinate the rehearsal. Some additional detail/prep work will be required outside of these meetings. On the day-of, the WC will provide 8-hours of coordination services (typically including some setup, vendor coordination, ceremony directing, and seeing to the successful execution of the reception timeline).
These meetings and events will primarily take place Friday – Sunday, so weekend/evening availability is another MUST. You will be responsible for seeing to the successful execution of these weddings, so organization and the ability to quickly problem solve to continually ensure client-happiness is extremely important.
This is a great opportunity for someone with another job looking for part-time work in the wedding industry. Our staff is small, but we are a tight-knit and fun group to work with. We work with some of the best local vendors in the business, so you will also have the unique opportunity to network with and develop relationships with the best-of-the- best!
This is a part-time job and hours per week will greatly vary (0 – 25 hours) based on the number of events booked during any given month.
- Meeting with couples on-site to help establish rapport, create timeline, build comprehensive wedding outline
- Directing couple/wedding party for Rehearsal & Ceremony
- Maintaining client folder/details
- Assisting with/overseeing of setup of tables/chairs according to floor plan
- Setting out décor items per couple’s request/inventory list
- Communicate with client’s vendors and answer any questions they may have
- Ensuring overall event success
- Make sure all venue policies are being followed by clients as outlined in their contract
- Effectively handle any situations or emergencies that may arise during events
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a wedding coordinating/assisting role (some training will be provided)
- Willingness to adapt to venue’s Wedding Coordinating guidelines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Patient and calm nature
- Dependable and responsible
- Ability to think on feet
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to operate AV equipment, HVAC systems and alarm systems
- Ability to work a computer (excellent typing skills, Google Calendar skills, Excel, etc)
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest)
- Enthusiastic about the weddings/events industry
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Not necessary, but desirable:
- Experience with All Seated software
- Residence within 15 minutes of Vallejo
If interested in applying, send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us, and how you think you’d be the perfect fit to firstname.lastname@example.org