The Lighthouse at Glen Cove Marina is looking to take on an intern! As we enter the heavy events season, we are looking for the right person to join our FUN and hardworking team. This unpaid internship is ideal for college students looking to gain credits or recent graduates in need of valuable hands-on experience.
As our intern, you will work in tandem with the Lighthouse team, learning all facets of the industry from initial client meetings to day-of execution.
- Wedding/events enthusiast
- Up-to-date with current trends in the industry
- Knowledge of popular social media platforms
- Ability to work 10-20+ hours a week
- Can work nights/weekends/holidays as-needed
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Sense of humor (much needed/appreciated at times in this industry!)
- Extremely organized/detail-oriented
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Have own laptop/computer for occasional opportunities to work from home
Your responsibilities include assisting in:
- Social media efforts: blogging, Instagram, Facebook updates, etc.
- Market research for the area (reaching out to local associations, vendors, etc.)
- Website maintenance
- Occasional attendance to industry networking events
- Day-of event execution as needed
- General administrative support work
If you are interested, send your resume and cover letter (explaining why you want to work with us) to: email@example.com